There is no such thing as a silly question. All questions are worth asking. If you have a question, chances are quite high that someone else has the same one. We are here to de-mystify the world of interior design and bring information to you so that you are well-informed.
1. What does an interior design consultant do?
– Many interior design consultants specialize in a few key areas. Our design consultants specialize in all areas of design and renovation. We do everything from design concepts to project management to finishing touches. We do product research, drawings, pricing, space planning, staging, as well as green and universal designs.
2. Do you watch HGTV all the time?
– We live HGTV! We watch it on occasion, however, it is always nice to go home and watch something that has nothing to do with your work.
3. Is your life super glamorous?
– We are just like you! We are not celebrities, we are not afraid to get our hands dirty, we just make your home glamorous for you!
4. Where do I start?
– You start by looking at your space and writing down what you do and do not like. Then you determine whether you think you will need a decorator or renovator. Next, you call or email us to set up an appointment! From there, we walk you through the rest.
5. How do I hire you?
– You can call or email us at the office. Let us know what you’re looking for, and then we will assign a design consultant to you!
6. Why should I hire you instead of a contractor?
– We can do the work of a project manager, but we are so much more than just that. We start with the design concept and product/finish selection. Then we hire the trades for you. We oversee the project and make certain that the design is being followed. This way, you do not have to worry about scheduling trades people.
7. Can’t I just do it all myself?
– You can! But the question I always like to ask is: do you want to, or do you have enough time? We are the professionals in this field and can dedicate time to your project. We are very efficient due to the experience we have in this field.
8. Do you do window coverings?
– Yes! We do blinds, shades, drapes, and so much more. We carry a wide variety of suppliers for window coverings and have hundreds of fabrics to choose from for drapery. And as a special bonus, it is all custom, which means no one else will have the exact same window coverings as you!
9. Do you do full renovations?
– We most certainly do! Our design consultants are trained in design, space planning, project management, and much more! We can take your project from concept to completion.
10. Do you have trades people?
– We do, yes! We have a variety of trades people that we work with that we trust to do an excellent job!
11. What if I change my mind?
– Depending on what stage of the project we are at, we will sit down together and work out a solution that works for both of us. We always try to accommodate our clients and their needs whenever possible!
12. What kind of fees do you charge?
– Each project is unique and will require special attention. A design fee will be decided during one of the first consultations, once the scope of work is determined. Then, pricing of products and labour will be written up, depending on your needs.
13. Is there a way for me to see what the space will look like after the renovation before we start any construction?
-Yes! We offer drawing services where we can create and present computer generated drawings. We can also provide 3-D computer renderings of what the space will look like.